Weddings and Outside Events
Interested in booking our spaces for a non-wedding event? We have available spaces in both our Minneapolis buildings (Hope West & Hope East).
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! We are so excited to serve you as your prepare for your marriage.
Hope Community Church believes that Christian marriage is a joyful covenanting between a man and woman in which they proclaim, before God and human witnesses, their commitment to live together in spiritual, physical, and material unity. In this covenant they acknowledge that the great love God has shown each of them enables them to love each other. We believe that the wedding ceremony is the place where this promise of a lifelong covenant between husband and wife is made and in which the two become one flesh, as it is both an ordinance of creation, affirmed as such by our Lord, and commended by Saint Paul as a sign of the mystical union between Christ and his church (Matthew 19:3-9; Ephesians 5:22-32). Therefore, Hope Community Church only allows wedding ceremonies that would affirm Christian marriage as defined above, and officiated by licensed ministers of the gospel in the State of Minnesota who also would agree with the above definition.
Venue Information & Pricing
Weddings At Hope
We have space in both of our downtown buildings (Hope East & Hope West) available to rent for weddings. Have specific questions this document doesn’t cover? Email email@example.com for more information.
You are welcome to request either sanctuary (East or West) and preferences will be honored based on availability.
Hope West Accommodations
Holds 415 guests (225 on main floor & 190 in the balcony)
A/C in sanctuary & fireside room
Hope West is not handicap accessible
Hope West Building Walkthrough
Hope East Accommodations
Holds 625 guests (375 on main level, 250 in the balcony)
A/C throughout the building
Hope East Building Walkthrough
Church Rental Fee:
$750 special rate for members (Both the bride & groom must be members at the time of signing the contract)
$850 for non-member, regular attenders
$1,200 for non-regular attenders
A $350 deposit is required to secure the date and will be put toward your rental fee.
Included With Church Rental Fee:
- Two hours of rehearsal time the day before the wedding, use of the sanctuary only
- Two dressing rooms (TBD), with two full-length mirrors for each
- Table for entryway (Place for guestbook, programs, etc.)
- Table for onstage (Used for unity candle, communion, etc.)
- Six hours in church building on your wedding day for decorating, getting ready, pictures, ceremony, and dismissal. Note – you will have two hours of time in the sanctuary from the start of your ceremony. After that time, the sound engineer will begin to reset the stage. Any photos that need to be taken after the ceremony can take place in the sanctuary as long as they fit within the two hour timeframe. If you need more time for photos after the ceremony, you are welcome to use other areas in the church building. You are free to use the sanctuary for photos and decorating as long as you would like before the ceremony begins within the six hours of total building access)
- Use of piano, microphones, instrument cords, music stands, and chairs.
- Two wrought iron candelabras (candles provided) for the stage area (Hope West only)
- Hope Community Church Sound Engineer on the wedding day (will arrive one hour before the ceremony for sound check with musicians and to prepare other sound related needs). Note – the sound engineer does not come to the rehearsal so there will not be access to the soundboard on the rehearsal night (to play recorded music or for musicians to be heard through the sound system).
- Wedding Coordinator on rehearsal and wedding day
- Custodial services
Special Note: The rental fee does not cover the payment of your officiating pastor. The Hope pastors do not charge a set fee for their services. However, a common question asked is “What monetary gift would be appropriate in exchange for premarital counseling and officiating a ceremony?” A common gift ranges from $250-$300. Though an honorarium is not required and given at your discretion, any gift offered in exchange for their services would be welcomed and appreciated
Amenities available for additional cost:
- Rehearsal Dinner Space (contact coordinator for rules and requirements) — $150
- Use of infant or toddler nursery for child care — $25
Hope Community Church owns the parking lot directly behind Hope East. It has approximately 55 spots. We also own a smaller lot located on the NE corner of 7th and 11th which has approximately 20 additional spaces. You are welcome to use either of these lots on your wedding day if no other ministries or events have reserved them.
Most couples find that 75 spots are not sufficient for the number of guests invited. If you need more parking, the main lot between our 2 buildings can most often be rented from the company that owns and manages it. For a Saturday wedding, the fee is $250 for the day (please note – parking for Friday ceremonies are a bit more difficult but still possible. The fee for Friday rental is $200 for weddings that begin at or after 5pm. The lot is used by downtown employees who contract weekday spots, so space only becomes available on Fridays after 5pm. Weddings that start before 5pm on Fridays are not guaranteed to have access to that larger lot.
Interested in having your wedding at Hope? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding sanctuary availability, accommodations, and rental fees/amenities
Interested in booking your wedding at Hope Community Church or requesting a pastor for your wedding? Fill out the form below:
Hope has a two-fold approach to preparing couples for marriage: premarital counseling and a premarital class. This is required for couples being married by a Hope pastor and available to all couples at Hope. Interested in getting connected? Email email@example.com or visit our ministry page for Restoring Hope for more information.